For Fall/holiday I decided to invest in a collection from ZZan Jewelry and am so glad I did! The pieces have arrived and have been an instant hit our customers. Their earrings and necklacesj are made in silver over brass, and many have a geometrical design, giving them a more modern look. According to ZZan, "Our collections are timeless and are as much a work of art as they are utility pieces that make a statement and complete a look." Citrine currently has a large selection of earrings and necklaces (both long and short) in store.
Recently received a new order from Robindira Unsworth - whose jewels never disappoint! Together, we created a collection for Citrine that includes so many wonderful darker, neutral gems such as labradorite, moonstone, dendritic opal (yes, it's a thing), coin pearl both in gold vermeil and her ever-popular mixed metal design. All of these perfectly compliment the grays/blacks/tans/neutral colors of Fall. For scale, we chose both long/large and small/dainty - aware that each person has a different style. We have simple opal or labradorite necklaces and earrings, and several of her signature cluster designs. So please take a look online or, better yet, stop in the store to see what is new from this favored designer!
It's that time of year again. Summer is over, the beginning of school/mad rush is over, and we can all catch our breath. Sounds like a perfect time for a jewelry trend report! Over the summer I scoured jewelry shows near and far, met with all of my amazing designers and stayed in tune with the industry via trade publications. Here are some fantastic trends jumping out at me that I know my customers will love and we will feature in the boutique and online:
1) Chokers, Collars & Lariats: Many of my designers are capitalizing on this and providing women with jewels that look great when worn together for a beautiful silhouette. Not surprisingly, Rebecca Lankford Designs is fresh out of the gate with leather chokers/collars and designers such as Robindira Unsworth and Catherine Page specialize in lariat and long pendant necklaces.
2) Colored Cabachon Gemstones: Tired of your basic diamond pieces and want something with a little more of a statement both in scale and color? Smooth, colored cabachon gems - either in necklaces or rings are the way to go. We recently purchased a one-of-a-kind Tanzanite cabachon necklace from Lauren K Fine Jewelry that we are certain will find a new home soon!
3) Think Pink: Not just for summer or warmer weather, pink gemstones have made a huge resurgence! Not only are there so many shades and variations, but it has become a new "neutral" that you can wear with most anything. From spinel to tourmalines to sapphires and blushing morganite, pink hues are hot. Lauren K Fine Jewelry features rose gold jewelry with pink sapphires and pink spinel, Catherine Page has chandelier earrings that feature a variety of pink gems and Mela, Italy uses pink pearls in her long necklaces (coming soon!)
4) Opals (not your grandmothers's!): I have to admit, I was a little slow to jump on the opal train. Opal jewelry seemed so dated to me and I couldn't get my head around it, but my how times have changed! The Boulder opals and Ethiopian opals of today are not like anything you have seen before. Not two are alike and each one has such a unique texture and color. Have you seen Stephanie Albertson's flower opal pendant, or opal slice earrings? Robinidira Unsworth's PINK opal double strand necklace? Lauren K's one-of-a-kind opal cocktail ring set in 18kt yellow gold and surrounded by tiny white pave diamonds? All to die for!
5) ROYGBIV: Remember memorizing that in 10th grade chemistry class? Or was it bio? In any event, individual jewelry pieces that incorporate a rainbow of colored gemstones is starting to take hold in the industry.
Coming this Fall to Citrine (and online) will be a wonderful array of jewelry representing these innovative trends! Be sure to follow us in person, or through social media, as we announce their arrivals!
Even though we took a little time off this past August, (something we all need!), the buyers at Citrine were busy behind the scenes getting ready for Fall/Holiday. We attended every and all jewelry shows possible and have purchased some GORGEOUS pieces for the boutique. Pearl necklaces with silk and linen from Mela, Italy, dramatic gemstone chandelier earrings from Catherine Page, and one of a kind tanzanite rings from Lauren Kessler are just a few of the jewels we are excited about! In addition, our trunk show "dance card" is fully booked for the month of December (with a few also in November) and it is our honor to connect you directly with our talented designers. Take a moment to check out our "Upcoming Events" page to see the full list of designers/representatives coming to Bronxville, including Astley Clarke and Ruth Tomlinson from London! As depressing as it is to say Adieu to Summer, our thoughts are BRING ON FALL!